30 October 2008

The No Good Very Bad Day

I want to end this month on a good note with the blogging - 31 for 21. I missed the past couple of days, not without cause thought. Let's back up to Tuesday. I could barely talk. I felt fine otherwise, so I assumed it was the beginnings of laryngitis and continued on my day at work and I worked that night at Target as well. I woke up Wednesday morning with a dry throat and a very congested head. I think its a sinus infection (I'm hopng to get in to see the doctor this afternoon). Yesterday was also the first day of registration and I needed to be in the office a little after 6am.

To say the registration did not go well would be putting it mildly. We had to shut the whole thing down and back up everyone's registration time by a day. I also had to go in and delete the registrations of the students who had erroneously gotten in early. I left the office around 6:30 last night. I had been there over 12 hours. I ran to Kroger to get some chicken soup and orange juice. When I got home I had a quick dinner of campbell's chicken noodle and got back to work. Yes, I had to put in another hour of work after I got home (thank goodness for remote connections).

My head felt like it was going to explode, so when I was done with work I crawled into bed. I was asleep around 9:30 (I did watch Sheena get eliminated from ANTM - go sees next week!!!). I didn't sleep well. It's hard to sleep when you can't breathe and then wake up with the chills. But I tried, only to be woken up by Jack knocking the glass of water off of my nightstand. He's a little OCD that Jack. If its something that doesn't usually belong on the surface he knocks it off. He'd never knocked a glass over though. Fortunately the glass didn't break, there was just a mini flood in the bedroom and I've been up ever since. It seems a shame to try to go back to bed when I have to be back in the office in less than 2 hours. I think I am just going to go in for the conference call and then work from home the rest of the day (provided everything works today)

Oh and did I mention there is something wrong with my car? Yeah, it was that kind of day yesterday. Here's to hoping that today can only be a step up, right?


No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016