19 August 2009

I love Sonic

I really really really wish that there was a Sonic here in Durham. I fell in love with them when I was still in school. I was at a NACURH conference in Colorado and Cindy and Angela were going on a search to find a Sonic. They found one! And brought me back my first Cherry Vanilla Diet Coke. It is heavenly. I think it is quite possibly my favorite non-alcoholic beverage. If there was a Sonic in Durham, I would probably be stopping there every day. Not for food (although the food is tasty, especially the tots), but for a Rte 44 Cherry Vanilla Diet Coke. There was a Sonic on my way home when I lived in Louisiana. I've been in withdrawal ever since. There are Sonics in North Carolina, but not in Durham. There are some out in the Greensboro area and also as you head toward the beach. There are also a handful in the Raleigh/Cary area. None are convenient though. Until now. There is one located on the other side of the North Carolina State campus. It's still not entirely convenient, but it's not completely out of the way. Woohoo!

6 comments :

Sean said...

I've never been to a Sonic. I see their commercials all the time, but I don't know of any locations in the DC area.

Enjoy your Cherry Vanilla Diet Cokes!

Mom said...

The only thing I liked about Louisiana when I was down there with you was Sonic. That was my introduction to Sonic. I loved it!! Wish they had them in Rhode Island.

Michelle said...

Yay for having one closer!

I miss Sonic..we had one right in town in Alamogordo NM...I loved stopping by for a cherry limeaid...the other day I was craving one. There isn't one in this town!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

There are Sonics everywhere down in Texas/New Mexico! On every street corner.
In New York... none.

We have eaten there a few times, Daniel likes it but I don't. Though, I do like their fries!! And the crushed ice! :)

I am HAPPY for you that you now how the option to go to Sonic! Whoo-hoo! Now you know, should you have a bad day... there's always a Cherry Vanilla Diet coke to make you smile! :)

HubbleSpacePaws said...

For years we've been treated to Sonic commercials on local TV in B'more... and there are NONE nearby! LOL! Looking forward to getting my first taste. One day!

"Baltimore Snacker" concurs: http://baltimoresnacker.blogspot.com/2008/08/five-things-i-wish-we-had-in-baltimore.html

Anonymous said...

There really aren't any convenient Sonics in this area - I agree. I didn't know about the one by State's campus - may have to check that out. I just recall all those adds for a cherry limeade while I was pregnant and there were NO Sonics nearby. :-)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016