23 March 2010

March Madness

I love college basketball. Especially March Madness. It wasn't always that way. I didn't grow up a huge sports fan or anything. I would have rather read a book than sit down and watch a sporting event. That started to change in high school when I developed an infatuation with Notre Dame football. College basketball didn't hit my radar until I got to college. I think it was my sophomore year when Fairfield won the MAAC conference and earned a berth in the NCAA tournament. They played UNC and actually put up a good fight for most of the first half. They were decimated the second half of the game, but it was thrilling to watch.

I love the tournament. I fill out a bracket every year. Some years I predict better than others. This year, my bracket is toast. Busted. Done. But you know what, I'd rather have a busted bracket and exciting, edge of your seat, Cinderella upset games than a perfect bracket and a predictable tournament. So Kansas is out now, which leaves Kentucky the favorite. I can't root for them. My hope is actually an Ohio State/Duke final. I think that would be a fun game to watch. I don't know who I would root for...

No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016