29 October 2012

Updates and Random Thoughts

I have been a terrible blogger this October.  I usually am so much better about posting as many days as I can for 31-for-21.  Life seemed to get in the way at every turn though.  What have I been up to?  Well...for one thing, I'm an Auntie!

My sister gave birth to my sweet angel of a niece last Thursday after a difficult 24+ hour labor.  Mom and baby are good, it was just a hard delivery.  Baby Rayla is the sweetest thing ever.  I know Marilla Cuthbert would say "every baby is the sweetest and the best", but in Rayla's case, she really is the sweetest.

Work has also been crazy insane.  Lot's going on, down a person, trying to get a handle on a new computer system, and trying to do things my own way has been a little trying.  In a good way though.  I am so so happy with my new place of employment.  The students are great, my staff is good, I have excellent colleagues and I have a fun commute.

I'm taking three classes this semester.  My last three classes.  Two classes and an independent study to be exact.  A lot of reading and a lot of writing.  Nothing terribly difficult, but it's a commitment, especially after living away for so long and wanting to do things with my family and friends on the weekends when I'm not working.  I've only got seven weeks left though, so I'm determined to tough it out.  After that I'll take my qualifying exams in the spring and I can start my dissertation after that.  I am so looking forward to being done.

And we're in the middle of a hurricane.  No power loss here yet.  We've had some pretty powerful wind gusts though.  No work for me today and I'm waiting to hear about tomorrow.  I would love another day off to spend home with Miss Rayla, but I also have a ton of things to do in the office, so I also kinda want to go to work tomorrow.  We'll see what happens.

No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016