03 May 2015

Life Lately

In my post from last Wednesday, I alluded to life in Texas being wonderful, crazy, and busy.  So what have I been up to?  I'll start back in December...



During winter break, P and I took a trip to the Bush Presidential Library at SMU.  It was definitely interesting.  Parts of the 9/11 portion of the exhibit were difficult, but overall we enjoyed going. 



Before we knew it, it was New Year's Eve.   P and I got dressed up and had a nice dinner at The Keg.  Please ignore the bandage on my toe - I had a run in with the couch...and the couch won.


And then my Buckeyes won.  THEY WON!  They won the College Football Championship.  Talk about a great way to start the new year.


February was supposed to be great.  I had a trip planned to go to Raleigh, NC for Valentine's weekend.  A few friends and I were going to run the Krispy Kreme Challenge.  My flight was supposed to leave early on Friday, and at 10am on Thursday all of a sudden I felt like a bus had hit me.  Yup, for the first time in my life, I had the flu.  Not how I envisioned spending Valentine's weekend.  P was great though.  He took care of me, picked up my prescriptions, and brought me orange juice.


March was non-stop.  That first week we went to the Fleetwood Mac concert at the AAC.  Our seats were super high, but fortunately at the AAC, there's no such thing as a bad seat.  I've seen them before, this was P's first time.  They put on a great show.


And then it snowed.  Seriously.  The morning after the FM concert there was 6 inches of snow on the ground.  Hmmm.  Not how we envisioned starting Spring Break.  Especially since we were on our way out of town.  Where to, you might ask?


We went to Fredericksburg, TX for the weekend.  It was a little chilly, but still fun.  We wandered around the downtown area, discovered some great restaurants (please please please try the chocolate pecan pie from the Fredericksburg Pie Company), and we hiked to the top of Enchanted Rock.  It was a fun and relaxing weekend and Fredericksburg is definitely a place I would go back to.


I love Texas, and I thought for Spring, my  decor needed a little punch.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new pillow from The Home T.  I also have a t-shirt but the t-shirt has my home state of Rhode Island on it.  And while Rhode Island will always be my home state, Texas is my home and it has my heart. 


We had big plans for April.  Y'all already saw the picture from the night at the opera.  P had wanted to go for his birthday.  I took him to dinner and the opera and we had a great night.  I had one more trick up my sleeve though - German Chocolate Cake.  It's his favorite and despite my utter loathing of coconut, I will admit that it was pretty tasty.  #caramelmakeseverythingtastegood


The Mavericks made the playoffs!  And then lost in the first round.  Boo!  Maybe next year.   #GoMavs


P moved from Dallas to Las Colinas and is right on Lake Carolyn.  We have a new favorite running route and enjoy strolling around the lake as well.   #favoriterunningroute

May means the Vineyard Run and this year P ran the race too.  It was fun.  Perfect weather - blue skies, a light wind, not too warm, not too large a crowd.  So how did I do?


I shaved almost 5 minutes off my time from last year.  This has been my best finish ever.  If I hadn't walked part of the last hill I think I could have finished under 30 minutes.


It's been almost 2 years since my weight loss surgery.  For my new readers, if you're interested, my surgery story is over here.  In May of 2013, I was ~280 pounds and approximately a size 18/20.  I'm now a size 10 (at Loft at least).  I've got about 10 more pounds to go and I'll be at my goal point.  

In a few short weeks, P and I will be in Rhode Island.  My baby brother is getting married!  Waaah!!!  I'm excited for him and his bride-to-be, but I can't believe he's old enough to get married.  #whendidhebecomeanadult #lifemovestoofast #iloveagoodwedding #mybigfatitalianfamily  

That's life in Texas in a nutshell.  #crazybusywonderful

No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016