28 October 2009

My Ink


Did I tell y'all that I got a tattoo this summer? When I was home for vacation in July, my sister and I got matching tattoos. It was her idea, but I had been toying with the idea of getting a tattoo for awhile, I just couldn't think of the right thing to get and since you know, it's PERMANENT I wanted it to be the right thing. My sister went to Aruba in May for vacation. She called me from the beach one day and said, "I think we should get matching tattoos before I move to California." To which I promptly replied, "Are you drunk?" She said "No, I think we should get the Italian word for sister." Cue the "Awwww" moment. I had to give her credit - it was the perfect idea. So in July, we headed up to Federal Hill and a lovely young man at a very reputable tattoo parlor inked my wrist. Oh man it hurt! It was worse than a pinch. It was like a cross between a pinch and a third degree burn. Fortunately, it was quick. The inside of the wrist is apparently one of the most painful areas to get a tattoo. I concur. I haven't regretted it once, although sometimes I look down at my wrist and I forget that I have it and think what is that? For all the pain though, I think I might want another one...

1 comment :

Christina and Tee Jay said...

They're SOOOOOO dang addictive. Watch out!

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016