01 October 2010

It's That Time of Year...

One of the blogs that I read regularly is written by a woman named Michelle. Her daughter has Down syndrome (aka Trisomy 21). October is my favorite month of the year as well as Down syndrome awareness month. To raise awareness many bloggers participate in the 31 for 21 challenge. The goal is to write a blog post a day for the whole month of October. This will be my third year participating in the challenge. I don't have a child with Down syndrome, I don't even have children, but I am an educator and one of my dearest friends does have a child with special needs (although it's not Ds), so I do this to help raise awareness and also in honor of her daughter. Won't you join me?

**normally I will have the 31 for 21 badge at the bottom of the post, but blogger is not cooperating this evening...


2 comments :

Michelle said...

I love that you participate in this blog challenge even though you don't have a child, or family member, with Ds! Thanks for participating, thanks for helping spread awareness, and thanks for caring!

Cheri said...

Wow...I think it is so fabulous that you participate in this even though you do not have a child with Down syndrome! From the bottom of my heart I want to say...THANK YOU on behalf of my son who has Down syndrome and his little friends!

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016