02 October 2010

Thank Goodness She Was Prolific

My title refers to Agatha Christie. I've always loved a good mystery, so I don't know what took me so long in picking up one of her books. Once I start, I can't put it down. She wrote A LOT. Thank goodness. My favorites are the ones featuring Hercule Poirot or Miss Marple. But in the attempt to read everything she's written I will read the others as well. I've been reading since I was three when I would read anything I could get my hands on - newspapers, encyclopedias, cereal boxes, if it was in the house and had words on it somewhere I would read it. Nowadays I am a little more discerning, but I still have a wide range of genres that I read. Mysteries being one, also biographies, Russian history, Austenesque fiction, and classics are a few more. I can get so lost in my reading that I tune out what's around me - a blessing and a curse at times. After 30 years of comprehending the words on a page, I still keep books stacked on my nightstand, in my purse, scattered throughout the house, you never know when the mood strikes (or you're stranded somewhere) and you can easily pick up a time and become absorbed in the story.

No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016