29 April 2015

What's Up Wednesday

Oh it's been forever - I know.  I know!  I'm sorry all.  Life in Texas has just been crazy, wonderful, busy, and I've just not really sat down to blog in so long.  So I thought with Shay and Shaeffer's What's Up Wednesday posts, I'd get back into the swing of things and start writing again.  So here goes...

What We're Eating This Week - Sunday I made buffalo chicken in the crockpot and last night P grilled some chicken and roasted sweet potatoes.  Tonight?  Hmmm, maybe leftover buffalo chicken.  Not sure about Thursday or Friday yet, but Saturday night we're hitting up Studio Movie Grill, so I know I'll be having the chicken nachos.   

What I'm Reminiscing About - I saw a TimeHop post yesterday about going on a first date and I remember that so clearly.  It wasn't with P, in case you're curious.  I remember the guy I dated.  He was smart and nice and we had fun together, but I knew he wasn't the one.  

What I'm Loving - I am over the moon at the thought that the Patriots are playing the Cowboys here in Dallas in October.  So excited.  Oh and it's baseball season again.  #GoRedSox

What We've Been Up To - Moving.  P moved to a new place last weekend.  It's really nice, better layout, bigger bathroom.  We spent the weekend moving and getting him all settled in.  We picked up our running routine again and have tried a couple of different routes around Lake Carolyn.  We've also been exploring the Las Colinas area too.  We also went to the opera.  We saw Iolanta.  It was great and in Russian.  P had never been and he really enjoyed it too.  Here we are all dressed up for a night at the opera:


What I'm Dreading - Not so much dreading, because it's one of my favorite events, but Commencement is in 2 weeks and it's a crazy, busy, hectic time.  It always ends up being a great ceremony, but it's a ton of work.

What I'm Working On - Blogging again.  Ha ha.  No seriously, in all honesty, just trying to eat better.   My weight has plateaued again.  I'm happy with my progress and where I'm at, but I'd like to lose 10-15 more pounds.  

What I'm Excited About - Oh so  many things.  Life is pretty great these days.  If I had to pick one thing it would be spending New Year's Eve in Las Vegas with P.

What I'm Watching/Reading - I need a new book to read.  I just finished Secret Lives of the Tsars and I'm about to wrap up Mastering the Art of Soviet Cooking.  Maybe The Girl on the Train, I've heard really good things about that one.

What I'm Listening To - A lot of NPR on the way to and from work.  

What I'm Wearing - Specifically, today I'm wearing a navy blue Tahari dress and tan Bandolino heels.  Off work hours, it's jeans and tees or tanks.  Most are from Banana Republic.  We're also int Spring/Summer dress season so I've started to break out the pretty summer dresses and the sandals.

What I'm Doing This Weekend - P and I are doing the Vineyard Run on Saturday morning and we're seeing Avengers: Age of Ultron Saturday night.  Other than that we're looking forward to a low key weekend.

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month - My brother's wedding reception.  If there's one thing my family does well, it's a wedding. P is coming and he's never been to New England so I'm excited to show him the area.  And he gets to meet my crazy family.

What Else is New - In a few short weeks I will officially be a doctor.  I technically finished in December, but the degree will be awarded in May!

No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016