30 April 2015

Thursday Recipe

Pinterest has  been my go-to site lately for meal inspirations.  I've found a few good ones.  I don't mind spending time on the weekend to prep and cook a dinner and have it take an hour or so.  During the week night?  No way.  Half an hour or less, please.  Here are a few dinner recipes I've made recently that have been Pinterest Wins.  So delicious, both P and I enjoyed these.  A word of note before I list the links for these recipes - a handful of them come from Shay at Mix and Match Mama.  If you haven't discovered her recipe blog yet, check it out.  She does Meal Planning Monday, and gives you meal inspirations for the week.  It takes a lot of the guess work out of dinner.

Now, without further ado, some winning recipes that we've enjoyed these last few weeks:

Chipotle Chicken Tostadas - Holy cow these were so so delicious and super easy.  You basically dump chicken and chipotle salsa in the slow cooker and let the slow cooker do the rest.  The shredded chicken from this recipe would make delicious filling for tacos, enchiladas, burritos, etc.

Sloppy Joes - Again, a huge surprise since I spent a large portion of my childhood thumbing my nose at sloppy joes.  Well, P happens to love them so I thought I would give them a chance.  These were oh so tasty.

Oven Chicken Risotto - Any recipe that calls for rotisserie chicken from the supermarket is A-OK in my book.  This recipe takes 30 minutes to make and satisfies that home cooked, Italian, comfort food craving.

Maple Dijon Chicken - I always keep the ingredients for this on hand.  Note - you have to use real maple syrup, otherwise the sauce won't set up properly.  Trust me, I learned this the hard way.

Try one of them, try all of them.  All of these have made it into permanent rotation in my house.  I hope you enjoy them too.

No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016