15 May 2016

Life Lately

Spring was crazy around here - I had a ton of travel, more than usual.  It's good to be home though, so what have we been up to lately?


Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice.  The critics panned it, but we both really enjoyed it.  Henry Cavill is a little flat as Superman, but Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot as Batman and Wonder Woman make up for it.



For the second year in a row, we competed in the The Vineyard Run 5k in Grapevine.  Up until this point I have won every race we entered.  Until this one.  Phillip beat me by a minute.  Boo.  To be fair, he has been working very hard at getting his speeds up...and I have not.



I had my first Drybar experience.  Oh wow.  I loved it.  I will definitely use them again. I'm okay at straightening my own hair, but it's so nice to have someone else do it.  And it came out great.



I went to Drybar because I took Phillip out to dinner for his birthday.  The big 3-7 for him deserved a very nice steak dinner at Pappas Bros. Steakhouse.  I cannot recommend this place highly enough.  He had a steak. Of course.  I had the crab cakes, which were probably the best ones I've ever had.  And coming from this east coast girl that is high praise.




And the summer blockbuster season has begun.  We went to see Captain America: Civil War opening weekend.  So so so good.  It's still relatively new so I won't say much for those of you who haven't seen it yet.  I'll just say that I think it's the best of the Marvel movies so far.  They really outdid themselves this time.



Sunday wouldn't be Sunday if I didn't FaceTime with this munchkin.  She's getting so big!  Three and half going on thirteen.  She has quite the personality.

We rented Macbeth last weekend.  Visually stunning.  Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard were incredible as Macbeth and Lady Macbeth.  My only nitpick was that it was in the full Shakespearean language.  It's been awhile since I've been immersed in that and it took some getting used to.

I know I'm late to the party on this, but I finally started Making a Murderer on Netflix.  I'm only one episode in, but I'm hooked.  I've been watching while I've been on the treadmill Tuesday and Thursday mornings.

Showing off my new Stella & Dot necklace.  Isn't it pretty?  Most of my statement necklaces are S&D and they've really helped me elevate my accesories game.  Interested in trying for yourself?  Let me know and I'll set you up with my stylist.  She's awesome and helpful and you will love everything you buy, I promise.

I mean, this kid, come on.  

This is from earlier today.  I was researching wedding photographers and Kate crashed out hard next to me.  She snores, ha ha.

That's a peek into my world lately.  What's new with y'all?

xoxoxo

 

No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016