20 May 2016

Friday Favorites

Well friends, we made it through another week!  This has been a long week with a lot going on.  Here's what I'm loving this week...


One

Commencement!  If you've been following along with me, you know I work for a college and on Monday we held our annual Commencement ceremonies.  This was my first year as co-chair and the first year we held two ceremonies as we had outgrown holding just one.  A little high stakes, but it went so well.  Commencement has always been one of my favorite things about working in education.  Students attaining their goals!  What is more rewarding than that?

Two

This munchkin. 8 years ago this spring I adopted Katia from the Wake County SPCA.  She was a teeny, tiny little thing.  Her favorite place to be is next to you.  She's never been a lap cat, she doesn't want to be held, but little miss nosy wants to be where the action is.  Even if that means crashing out next to me on the couch while I work.


Three

 Quiet nights on the couch.  Phillip and I have busy, crazy jobs. #dontweall #especiallycommencementweek So anytime we can have a quiet Sunday night and just relax on the couch and watch the ID Channel #murdertv or Game of Thrones #yeahsansa, is a win in our book.

 Four

Starbucks.  After the first Commencement ceremony I dashed across the street for Starbucks.  What I really wanted was a s'mores frappuccino.  But I have fitness and weight loss goals #thosestubbornlasttwentypounds so I opted for a skinny iced mocha instead.  I got my caffeine hit with a bit of sweetness and didn't wreck my day.

Five
My gorjana hoops.  I love these earrings.  They are my go-to hoops.  They look great dressed up or dressed down.  I love everything by gorjana.  Like these rings, and this necklace.  If you're looking for something simple and classic that will wear well with everything, check out this line.

Six

Rent the Runway.  My sister used this for my brother's wedding last year and I am going to do it for a wedding I am attending in August.  #yeahmicheandderek  Instead of buying a dress you'll wear once, you rent a dress and then return it.  They have all different price points and a ton of designers to choose from.

Seven

NothingPink.  My cousin Kelly has started a non-profit organization dedicated to helping women get genetic testing for the BRCA genes.  I am so proud of Kell and what she has accomplished with this organization.  
Those are my faves this week!  What are yours?

xoxoxo
 

1 comment :

Caits Cozy Corner said...

so glad i came across your blog from the link up! hope you have a great friday my friend! feel free to drop by mine as well :D

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016