25 May 2016

What's Up Wednesday

It's that time again - the last Wednesday of the month:

  
What We're Eating This Week - My brother and his wife were here for the weekend and we took them everywhere, so what we're eating this week is salad.  Lots and lots of salad.  
 

What I'm Reminiscing About - 16 summers ago (wow, I can't believe it has been that long!), I worked a summer position at the Bowdoin Summer Music Festival.  It was the best summer job I ever had.  I got to work with high school students and international students for the summer and we had a blast.  No matter how cold the water was, those kids always wanted to go to the beach.

What I'm Loving - Stella and Dot.  Have you tried their jewelry?  They have seriously helped me to up my accessories game

That really cool gold necklace?  S&D.  I promise, you will not be disappointed in their items.

What We've Been Up To - Louie and Katie came to visit this weekend and we did everything!  First up, Friday night we hit up Chicken Scratch/The Foundry for some live music and fried chicken.  It's a great, low-key place and family friendly too.

On Saturday, we ventured out to the Fort Worth Stockyards and got to see the cattle drive and Katie got to sit on a bull:

Saturday night, we went to Top Golf with Jim and Beej and it was such a fun time.  I am not a golfer by any stretch of the imagination and I had a blast.  One of you should look into opening one in New England, you'd make a killing.


   
Last week we had orientation for our new international students.  It's still one of my favorite things to do.

 
What I'm Dreading Hot, hot, hot weather.  And the humidity.  We've had a pretty mild May by Texas standards.  It's generally been in the low 80s, but this week has been all about the humidity and my hair is not having it. 

What I'm Working On Now that Commencement is over and I am between classes, I am going to catch up on some reading.  Currently I am reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo and The French Beauty Solution by Mathilde Thomas (the founder of French skin care company Caudalie)

What I'm Excited About - Disney!  And Miche's wedding!  Some fun travel coming up.  I'm heading home solo for Miche's wedding (can we say girls weekend?)  

 
Then in September Phillip and I will meet up with my family in Disney.  I cannot wait.



 
What I'm Watching/Reading - I know I'm late to the party, but Making a Murderer is in play while I'm at the gym and also The Americans.  It's on Amazon Prime people - check it out!  So so so good. 

What I'm Listening To - ESPN Dallas.  Generally in the car I listen to sports radio, or if there's a new episode of The West Wing Weekly I'll listen to that too.  If you are a fan of the West Wing, you need to check this out.  Josh Malina dedicates a podcast each week to an episode of the series.  They are currently up to season 1, episode 9.  #bartlettforpresident #letbartlettbebartlett

What I'm Wearing - a lot of jcrew, banana republic, and loft.  Summer skirts and dresses people - it is that time of the year.  Oh and I am COVETING these shoes
What I'm Doing This Weekend - X-Men: Apocalypse on Saturday night and then Sunday I am off to Denver for the NAFSA meeting. 

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month - June = my birthday.  Yay!  I have some travel but mainly I am looking forward to Summer work hours (Fridays off).  I've got some things lined for those Fridays that I'm excited about.

What Else is New - Not much, just trying to decide on a wedding photographer.  #imopentosuggestions
 
What Are You Looking Forward to This Summer - A five day July 4th weekend/mini break.  Yay! 

What's new with you?

No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016