25 November 2020

What's Up Wednesday

 

Y'all - how are we almost to December already?  How is my baby almost 17 months old?  Why did April, May, and June feel like 3 years, but the rest of the year feel like 3 seconds?

Just some rhetorical questions, but time is crazy lately.  I took a bit of an unintentional break the last couple of weeks, but things have been hectic around here and I am finally catching by breath.  

Here's a look at what we did in November!

 
1.  What We're Eating

Sunday -  skinnytaste baked pasta
Monday - leftover baked pasta
Tuesday - cauliflower tacos
Wednesday - salad
Thursday - Thanksgiving!
Friday - leftover Thanksgiving dinner
Saturday - not sure yet, maybe more leftovers!

We usually go to Mr. Fisher's parents' house for Thanksgiving, but with the COVID numbers what they are, we are being cautious and staying home.  I've never made a turkey, so we'll see how this goes!  The plan for dinner is turkey, ham, sweet potato casserole, corn pudding, stuffing, rolls, and pumpkin pie.  We're going to be eating it for lunch and dinner for a few days!


2.  What I'm Reminiscing About

We are those people who run a 5K on holidays!  Alas, this year, because of COVID they are all virtual.  Hopefully next year we'll get back to racing.  We usually do the Arlington Turkey Trot and it's a lot of fun.  if you're in the DFW area, I highly recommend it.


3.  What I'm Loving


I love watching Henry play.  I love watching him try to figure things out.  He's getting good at puzzles and sorting things.  He gets frustrated at times, but is so proud when he gets it at the end.  Also, his little crossed legs!


4.  What We've Been Up To




Chilling with our favorite cozy blanket

Decorated for the holidays!

We hit up a local park and Henry loved it.

This kid loves a swing!

 
 I've got my Peloton review on the blog.  I absolutely love it.  LOVE it.

Enter my referral code: HUJC53 during Bike purchase, and get $100 towards bike accessories.
 
 
5.  What I'm Dreading 

I'm kind of nervous about cooking the turkey on Thanksgiving.


6.  What I'm Working On

Not too much - wrapping up Christmas shopping.  I've got the Christmas cards on order and will get those addressed and out in the next couple of weeks.


7.  What I'm Excited About


Thanksgiving and Christmas with this kiddo!  He can point out Santa on the tree and I can't wait for him to try pumpkin pie for the first time.  Where did my baby go?  He's growing up so fast.


8.  What I'm Watching/Reading


We started this a couple of weeks ago and it is so good.  A great thriller and Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant are excellent in it.


The Need is my most recent audibook.  Another thriller, it's gripping and fascinating.  I'm interested to see where it goes.


9.  What I'm Listening To

Um, a lot of holiday music.  But also some podcasts.


Hell and Gone is great.  Each season is standalone, which I love.


I pick and chose the episodes I listen to from Cults, but the most recent two episodes were about a religious sect that was located close to where I grew up and I remember when the incident happened that they reference in the podcast.  The episode are Roland and Jacques Robidoux, parts 1 & 2.  Content warning - the episodes discuss child neglect and death.   It was heartbreaking when it happened and I feel it even more deeply now that I'm a parent.


10.  What I'm Wearing

Lots of cozy sweaters and leggings!


This one from amazon is on repeat.  And this one from J. Crew is a favorite too.


 
11.  What I'm Doing This Weekend
 
Maybe a trip to the playground with Henry again.  And eating lots of Thanksgiving leftovers.  I've also got some Peloton rides scheduled. 


12.  What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month


Spending the Christmas holidays with this little guy and Mr. Fisher!  We've got a few fun gifts planned for Henry and I can't wait to see what he thinks.


13. What Else Is New?

Not much!  I hope you and yours have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments :

Natasha said...

We need to get on addressing our holiday cards too. Ack!

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

DOn't be nervous about the turkey... Lots of basting and then let it rest for a bit after! You've got this!

Joanne said...

Cooking a turkey is so easy! The only part that makes me nervous is having it ready around the same time as everything else but other than that it is really easy to cook (I don't even baste mine!). Best of luck!!

Nichole Fisher said...

The turkey came out great! I used an Ina Garten recipe which helped, I think. You can never go wrong with one of her recipes.

Nichole Fisher said...

Yes! Resting the turkey was so important. It came out super juicy. Thanks!

Nichole Fisher said...

The cards are here and sitting in my desk, just waiting for me to address them. Some day...hopefully this weekend.

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016