05 August 2010

Thursday Recipe

A quick and easy one this week. One of my favorite summer foods is corn on the cob. When I was younger, I remember my mom stopping on the side of the road and buying fresh ears of corn from a local farmer. I saw this recipe from the food network for corn on the cob. Usually I am a traditionalist when it comes to my corn on the cob - just butter and salt. The sweetness really comes through that way. But this recipe looks to good to pass up.

Directions

Bring 2 cups water, 1 cup milk and a pinch of salt to a boil in a pot. Cut 4 ears corn into thirds; add to the pot and cook until crisp-tender, 5 minutes, then drain. In the same pot, melt 4 tablespoons butter with 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning, a dash of green hot sauce and some salt. Toss the corn in the spicy butter.

No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016