13 June 2016

Date Night

Last weekend we got to celebrate my birthday.  Since I was in Denver for work during my actual birthday, Phillip and I decided that we would celebrate on the Saturday night.  Date night out meant a trip to drybar.

 necklace Stella & Dot

I can straighten my own hair, but it's a nice little splurge to have someone else do it for me when I have a fun night out planned.  If you are in the DFW area, there is a drybar at NorthPark and another in Grapevine over at 114/William B. Tate.

Our plans for the evening were dinner and a show.  I convinced Phillip that he wanted to see Cabaret with me at the Winspear.  Oh, what to wear, what to wear...I wanted it to be cute and fun but not too dressed up.  So I went with this leith black racerback dress.     

dress | shoes (similar) | necklace
 
 
The dress is so comfortable.  It fits true to size.  I ordered a large and it fit like a dream.  It's such a fun dress because you can dress it up in so many ways depending on what you want to do.  You could add a fun jacket or a red shoe or a colored necklace.  So many options.  And, if you fall in love with the dress like I did, Nordstrom offers it in several colors and it's under $50!  Go get one!  It will be in constant rotation, I promise.
 
We started date night by having dinner at this rustic little Italian restaurant in Uptown Dallas, Avanti Ristorante.  The ambiance was great, the service was excellent and the food was so delicious.  I opted for the wild mushroom risotto and I would eat it again quite happily.  Phillip had the lamb chops and judging by the clean plate, he enjoyed his meal as well.  We shared creme brulee for dessert and then it was off to the Winspear.
 
If you are local to DFW and have the chance to see a performance at the Winspear at the AT&T Performing Arts Center, do it.  There is not a terrible seat in the house.  We've been there twice now, once to see Iolante last spring and now to see Cabaret.  The show was incredible.  I have only ever seen the movie and I am very familiar with the music, but I had never seen it on stage before.  It was better than I ever imagined it would be.  The cast was a dream - I could not have asked for a better birthday date night. 
 
Celebrating with this guy was the best part.  Make sure to check back tomorrow, we'll be talking about life lately and then later in the week we'll peek at some summer accessories.  Have a great week y'all!
 
xoxoxo
 

No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016