15 June 2016

Life Lately

It's been a whirlwind of activity lately, right?  These summer hours kill me.  I love them for the Friday's off, but working until 6pm means I don't get home until almost 7 every night.  The first few weeks are fun, but then I'm ready for normal hours.  Here's a peek into what we've been up to lately... 

Tote | Boots | Jeans (similar) | Top (similar) | Necklace (similar) | ring

I got back from Denver last Friday and had a coffee meet-up with our potential wedding photographer.  Squee!  So exciting. I really loved what she showed me.  We mapped out a timeline and I am just so excited about celebrating with all of our friends and family. It had been raining all week, so I broke out the Hunters and braved the puddles. 


Then it was date night!  I recapped it yesterday.  My last birthday in my 30s.  Eeek!  We got dressed up and hit Uptown for the night.  


We had fun at the Rangers game Monday night.  They won on a walk off double by Odor in the bottom of the ninth.  I LOVE going to the ballpark.  Our seats for this game were particularly good.  Now, we're a bit spoiled, ha ha.  We definitely aren't sitting this close for the Red Sox game at the end of the month.


On Friday I was able to head into Dallas for a bit after Kate's adventures at the vet (more on that in a minute...).  On my own for lunch, I popped into Kona Grill while I was at NorthPark and had a delicious sushi roll and a glass of wine out on the patio.  #ilovesushi #thefiancedoesnot


I perused Nordstrom and tried on a ton of Nike gear and since I was there, I also tried on some of the Zella gear.  Zella is Nordstrom's athletic line and it's so good.  I usually wear lucy for running, but I find Zella is just as good and Nordstrom's sales are better.  #truth

I loved the color and fit of these blue pants AND they also had the zipper pocket in the back of the waistband #impickylikethat 

The grey top was a winner too.  I would suggest sizing up if you plan on running the pants through the dryer, otherwise Zella runs true to size.  I'm wearing a Large in both items.


If Tuesday is for tacos, then in our house Friday is for Turkey burgers.  I picked up some fresh corn on the cob at the market on Friday.  Phillip is the one who usually takes it off the cob and after he got hit in the eye with some of the water, he went into the guest closet and came out with the goggles.  #safetyfirst


Saturday was all about the errands.  We had a few stores to hit up and we went to the jeweler's to have my ring cleaned and to look for wedding bands.  More fun wedding stuff!  It's been awhile since we had such a busy Saturday and I compensated by napping before we walked over to Canal Fest.

We love living in Irving, especially in Las Colinas, there is always something going on.  This weekend it was Canal Fest.  There was art work and dancers and live music and food trucks.  It was a little on the warm side, so we opted to share a shaved ice. If you have kids you should check it out next year - there were arts and crafts, face painting, and balloons.


After our walk around Canal Fest we tried a new restaurant for dinner, Touch Nine.  Oh my gosh it was so delicious.  I opted for the Butter Chicken and Phillip had the Chicken Tikka Masala.  Holy Cow!  If you like Indian Cuisine, please check this place out.  You can order to go or eat in.  The service was good and the food was so flavorful and delicious. 

Sunday mornings I plan.  I keep a paper planner for non-work things. My sister introduced me to the Passion Planner and I jumped on it.  I put most of my work stuff in here just so I can work around it, but I use my planner manly to plan and track my fitness and nutrition goals as well as wedding planning.  #coffeefirst


Miss Kate here had her annual visit to Dr. Hartland and she felt the need to let me know she was not pleased with the situation.  At all.


And this one had her recital rehearsal last weekend.  She's a tapper like her Auntie :)  I can't wait to see the video of her performance in a few weeks.

That's what we've been up to, what's new with y'all?

xoxoxo
 

No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016