26 December 2017

Life Lately


It is the day after Christmas and I hope that you all had a very Merry Christmas.  This morning Mr. Fisher and I are keeping it low key before running a bunch of errands later.  I'm just lounging in my striped leggings and cozy cozy sherpa pullover.  It's going to be hard to put on real clothes and go out.  

We had a great holiday with family and friends.  Here's a peek into what we've been up to with all the holiday goings on.



I love to buy pretty paper to wrap presents. I would love to do really pretty bows and ribbons but you know, cats. Jack in particular is a fan of chewing on ribbon.  Sigh.


My goal for work last week was to just get through the week.  So much going on at work, but I was so close to break.  It was legit hard to concentrate on anything.  If you have never owned a J. Jill Wearever anything, go grab yourself one of these dresses.  So easy to wear an flattering on anyone.  I paired it with my Dalilah pendant (currently on sale!) and my favorite hammered hoops.




When you can't make it home for Christmas, my Auntie JoAnne sends a mini care package with homemade chex mix and Nana's apricot cookies.  Phillip always looks forward to the chex mix, I love the apricot cookies.  My Nana would  make them every Christmas when I was younger.

sweater | leggings (similar) | slippers

It has finally gotten a little chilly in the Dallas area and I have wanted nothing more than my cozy sweaters and slippers when I got home from work. 


Y'all, the struggle on Friday was real. At least I was wearing my favorite cozy cardigan.


We were at Mr. Fisher's parents' house Friday night and let me tell you, there is nothing better than a snuggly baby.


We had some last minute errands to run on Saturday and it was a little chilly, so I pulled out this popover and I LOVE it.  It is so comfy and super cute with the asymmetrical snap detail.  I really want another color...


One of my tasks on Saturday was to get my shelves in my office all in order and I just love how they turned out.


I was wide awake at 4am on Christmas Eve.  That's what happens when you are sound asleep by 8pm...so as not to disturb the rest of the house I curled up on the couch with coffee and an old favorite.


It wouldn't be Christmas Eve without antipasto.  Salami, pepperoni, prosciutto, hot capicola, provolone...nothing better.  I spent many a childhood Christmas Eve watching my grandfather put together trays of antipasto.


We had family over Christmas Eve to enjoy too much food.  This gorgeous gold sweater from J. Crew Factory was festive and appropriate for a casual evening at home.  


Christmas breakfast!  Homemade waffles, eggs, and sausage.  We facetimed with the family in New England while presents were opened.


If you can't be festive at Christmas, when can you?  How cute is this dotted skirt?  And it has pockets!


Here's a better look at the accessories, especially the earrings!  And they are so lightweight.  And because you'll ask, the lipstick is Sephora's Rouge Cream Lipstick in Brazen.


 Mr. Fisher got some time with the littlest one at Christmas dinner.


This little miss insisted on sitting next to me during the gift exchange.  I didn't mind.


 It was a long day full of good food, good times with family, and great memories.  Mr. Fisher and I wrapped up the day in front of the fire with a glass of wine and finished season 2 of Stranger Things.  

I hope your holiday was merry and bright!

No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016