25 April 2018

What's Up Wednesday!


Y'all.  I can't even believe that we are this close to May!


That meme never gets old.

But seriously, this year is FLYING by!  Before we jump into May though, let's recap April.


What We're Eating This Week

I recently figured out how to share Google calendars and I created a meal planning one for Mr. Fisher and myself to share so we can see at a glance what we have planned out for the week.

Monday: Stir fry with Cauliflower rice instead of brown rice
Tuesday: I met a friend for dinner and Mr. Fisher had soup
Thursday: Fish and Cauliflower
Friday: Turkey Burgers and Sweet Potatoes
Saturday: Date Night at the Movies
Sunday: not sure yet, but the weather is supposed to be nice so I think we'll grill out


What I'm Reminiscing About

 
It has been 6 months since we were married!  I can hardly believe it.  They have gone by so quickly!  I loved every thing about that day.  Especially this guy.


What I'm Loving 





After a three month hiatus, I have gone back to barre.  My barre buddy Maya posted that she was about to hit her 250th class and I wanted to be there, so I hauled myself over there at 5am last week and it was so good.  I think before I was trying to go too often given how far we are.  I mean, I was trying to get there 4x a week!  I've decided to try and get there on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the occasional Sundays.  We'll see how that goes.

Also...


Roller Lash is still my hands down favorite mascara, but BadGal Bang is a close second!  Where Roller Lash lengthens, this one is for volume. I am loving it!


What We've Been Up To 


Work has been crazy busy for both of us, so we have been enjoying downtime when we can get it.  Last weekend we watched the Andre the Giant documentary on HBO.  It was fantastic!




We have run in two 5Ks!  Both were a little chilly.  We ran the Irving Marathon 5K and it was 38 degrees at the start!  Our run the next weekend in Garland was a little warmer, but not much!


We've had a couple of date nights too!  The Ballet, Mr. Fisher's birthday - April had a few outings.


What I'm Dreading
   Not much, really.  


What I'm Working On

I'm wrapping up my Accounting class which I have really been enjoying.  I've been more dedicated to my workouts the last couple of weeks since I got over a nasty sinus infection.  Now I just need to focus attention on my eating and I'll be in a good place (it's getting better, but not where I want it to be).

I'm also working on final details of our vacation next month!


What I'm Excited About




Heading back to Florida with this guy for a well deserved vacation.

 
 


We plan on a lot of relaxing by the pool and many delightful drinks. 


What I'm Watching/Reading



We just started season 2 of Westworld.  Let me tell you, this is a show you have to pay attention to.  There are so many little plots and subplots.  You can't watch it while doing something else, which is hard for me.

Girl at the End of the World was riveting.  It's not an easy read, but it's a thought provoking read.

The Great Influenza was very dense, but jam packed full of information about the Influenza outbreak of 1918 and why it was as devastating as it was.



 I could NOT put this one down.  And the ending!  If you are looking for a good read with an air of mystery, grab Not That I Could Tell.


What I'm Listening To 

The usual podcast rotation: The Bible Binge (which I just started over from the beginning - it is a DELIGHT), The Popcast, My Favorite Murder, Nutrition Diva, and The Lazy Genius.


What I'm Wearing

dress | shoes 
 
This dress is my new favorite.  It is so easy to wear, doesn't wrinkle, and looks fresh and polished.


This dress was so fun for date night.  I loved the deep v neck and the cotton was so soft.  Such a comfy dress that was easy to dress up.   It is currently on sale with an extra 40% off!



This dress from Target is another new favorite for Spring!  It is a beautiful print and the midi length works well for me.I had no less than 5 people ask me about the dress.


This blue top!  I love it!  And, bonus, it's on super sale right now! 


Y'all.  This was my favorite outfit of the month! That top is the perfect color for spring/summer and those chandelier earrings are so lightweight. 


And another great work option - added bonus is that this yellow top is on super sale!  I've got on another pair of my favorite Julie fit pants from LOFT.  They are my hands down, go-to pants for work.   


Another fun date night look!  The dress is older, I've linked to a similar style.  But my favorites here are the accessories!  The chandeliers are fun and colorful and that bracelet!  With all the colors it is so versatile.

Makeup look - KathleenLights Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette 


These Kelin earrings from Stella & Dot are my new favorites.  They paired so well with the Free People Aster tee!


What I'm Doing This Weekend 

We are off to see Avengers: Infinity War on Saturday!  I'm planning on heading to Mass on Sunday and I'm trying to get ahead with some Stella & Dot stuff/blogging stuff.


 What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month


My Red Sox are in town!

We're going to The Popcast live in Dallas!

 And..VACATION!!!


Bonus Question: What is your favorite mother's day gift to give?

I did a whole Mother's Day gift post last week!  Check it out here.  My favorite of the favorites?  This Stella & Dot engravable necklace.

 
What have you all been up to?  Are you ready for summer yet? 

1 comment :

Alex M-S @ Commas & Carbs said...

Ah, love all your clothes and book recommendations! Checking them all out now. I'm hoping to see The Avengers this weekend too (if not, next week!). Can't wait to see it!

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016