02 May 2018

Mr. Fisher's Birthday Weekend





Happiest of Birthdays to this handsome guy!  We celebrated Mr. Fisher's birthday the weekend of April 21st.  I won't gush too much about him here, he hates when I do that.  But...I will say, he is the hardest working person I know.  Smart, funny, generous, and he loves his family.  I wanted to take some time over his birthday weekend to celebrate him.  And it's always a great chance to get a little fancy and go out.


We had reservations at Truluck's and we were looking forward to it!  We ate there to celebrate closing on our house back in November and had a great experience so we were eager to go back again.

                                                      

I pulled out these Pixie chandeliers for a bit of bling.  I love all the colors in them - they remind me of a watercolor.

I also like to do some enhanced makeup for these date nights and I went with KathleenLights Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette Tutorial.  I love how it came out. 


I paired those gorgeous chandeliers with a beautiful bracelet and one of my favorite rings.  I also added this clutch with the mermaid sequins!  It's such a fun bag and can really elevate an outfit. 


We love Truluck's!


I opted for a Martini #ofcourse and Mr. Fisher went with a Manhattan with his dinner.  Truluck's makes a great Martini and an excellent Manhattan.  After trying his, I had cocktail envy because his Manhattan was GOOD.


As I do when we go out to eat, I went with seafood.  Stuffed lobster to be specific. It was delicious!


Mr. F really liked his steak, but said he would get it without the gorgonzola next time.  He felt that it overpowered the steak.  #idontlikesteak #iwouldtotallygetthegorganzola


Sunday morning started with breakfast and coffee and the paper.


I headed off to pure barre las colinas for a class


We headed out to Lowe's to look at landscaping materials and picked up some rose bushes for the front yard.



It was a casual Sunday, so I paired this Free People top with leggings, sandals, and some gold jewelry and enjoyed our errands.  Including a stop at Fuzzy's for tacos.


Mr. Fisher loves German chocolate cake.  It's his favorite.  This recipe for German chocolate cupcakes did not disappoint! But then, I've never been disappointed with how any of Ina Garten's recipes turn out.

This is the one time of year that I make German chocolate cake #notacoconutfan

What are your birthday traditions?

No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016