05 June 2018

Florida Vacation - part one

Y'all.  We had so much fun in the sun this past week!  It was so nice to completely unplug from work and just relax with my family.  We only had one day of go-go-go and that was Disney Day.  Other than that, it was a lot of pool time and relaxation.  



We left out of DFW last Saturday evening.  We packed well!  Mr. Fisher had golf planned and was taking his clubs.  This meant breaking out the humongous suitcase and taking a couple of carry ons.  I ended up carrying on my Daytripper Bag as my purse and my Getaway Bag as my carry on.  I love these bags.  They travel well and are so easy to clean.  Both zip open and extend for extra packing space!


And we started with an adult beverage before we hopped on our flight!


I read a bit of Triangle while in the boarding area and then watched Black Panther on the plane.  Um, Black Panther was AMAZING!  And Triangle is an excellent read.  A warning, it's dense and there's a lot to it, but it is excellently done.


Sunday night we had this little miss for the night while her mama had date night.  We had a blast at Benihana!


This girl was living her best life.  From Saturday til Tuesday morning we were staying at Parc Soleil by Hilton.  It was beautiful and the 4th Hilton Vacation Club property I've stayed at.  I've had excellent experiences at all of them.  If you are looking for a timeshare/vacation club, I highly recommend Hilton.


I think the whirlpool was her favorite part.  She kept wanting to go back in.


Originally, Mr. Fisher and I had a reservation for date night Monday night, but my brother and sister-in-law had arrived on Sunday and we all wanted to hang out on Monday night.  I moved our reservation to Friday night instead and the seven of us headed out to Uncle Julio's for dinner!




On Tuesday morning we checked out of Parc Soleil and checked in the JW Marriott Grande Lakes.  And it was incredible!  Mr. Fisher and I definitely plan on going back.

We met up with my parents, checked in and then bam:

 bathing suit | parker sunnies 

We were poolside drinking beachy drinks!  I love this bathing suit.  It was an impulse buy at Target and I just loved the cut and the color.  The floral pattern with the dotted edging and the halter neck?  There's side ruching too.  It was just very figure flattering and easy to wear. 


 Tuesday night, Grammy and Papa kept the little miss and the rest of had a fun night at Top Golf.  My sister-in-law, Katie, has been requesting Top Golf for ages.  She is a huge fan of their chicken and waffle sliders.  #priorities


 Any night I get to spend with Mr. Fisher is a good night in my book.  And he loves Top Golf.  I am TERRIBLE at it but still find it to be a ton of fun.


We got back to our hotel room in time to witness this GORGEOUS sunset.  And take a peek at those pools!  We were there all. the. time.


Wednesday morning, the guys planned on golfing but got rained out.  I had pre-booked a spa appointment for myself and Wednesday turned out to be the perfect day for it weatherwise.  It was the only day we had rain practically all day.


I spent a couple of (expensive) hours here and it was worth. every. penny.  Oh my stars this spa!  I had booked a facial appointment for myself and it was hands down the best one I have ever had.  I arrived early enough to take my time and use the amenities like the whirlpool.  There's a whirlpool, a sauna, a steam room, a private salt water pool, and a women's only floor.  I enjoyed my whirlpool time and then savored a cup of cranberry hibiscus tea before my facial.

I felt like royalty the whole time.  If you get the chance to stay at the JW Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes, you must book yourself some time here.



When we knew we were staying at the JW, we perused the different dining options at the resort and immediately honed in on Highball & Harvest.  Mr. Fisher and I wandered over there for lunch on Wednesday in search of a drink and some food.  We were not disappointed.

We split the pimento cheeseburger (yum) and each got a drink.  I had the Five Petals which had Knob Creek, brown sugar, cider, apple, and cinnamon and it was soooo good.  Mr. Fisher opted for the Last Wish which had bourbon, tobacco bitters, orange, and a couple other things.  He loved it.  I loved how they wrapped the orange rind around the ice cube.  So smart!

dress (similar) | shoes | ulani drops | watch

Wednesday night was family dinner night.  We were taking my mom out to celebrate her birthday (it was in February, yes, but the trip was planned for May).  We were heading to Ruth's Chris so I packed this fun dress.  It's from Loft last season and I wore it in Hawaii on my honeymoon and wanted to wear it again.  The little miss picked out my earrings and I think she did a great job.


My handsome date for the evening. #lovethisguysomuch


Did I mention our hotel was gorgeous?


I played designated driver, hence the glasses.   This one wanted to sit next to Auntie at dinner.  I had the Harvest Salad which they added chicken to for me.  We also had the calamari and stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer.  It was all excellent.  The little miss had bread.  But really, is there anything better than warm crusty bread and butter?  #pickyeater

And that was the first part of the week!  I'll have part two tomorrow, including DISNEY!  And yes, Mickey ears are involved!

No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016