19 August 2020

Life Lately

 


My institution starts Fall classes next Wednesday and I have all the anxiety about it.  Not that there's anything I can do - all of our plans are put in place.  We'll see what happens.  So a lot of work, a lot of home life going on - here's a peek into what we've been up to lately.



This kid loves books!  He likes to skip to the end, so I don't know that we've yet read every word of a book in his library, but he does like the books!



Henry gets lunch at day care, but the weekends are all me.  He loves pasta and turkey meatballs and is a huge fan of the mixed veggies too.  He is currently a very good eater (fingers crossed it stays that way).



Bath time!  Henry LOVES the water - the pool, the water table, the bath.  He loves it.



This kid is rocking day care.  He loves it.  And I love what it's doing for him.  He is talking and adding more words.  I love the curriculum he is getting there.  It's truly amazing.



Where did my baby go?  Who is this little boy?  He is all smiles in the morning on the way to school.



We had staff appreciation drive by breakfast for my division last Friday.  It was so hot, but also so good to see my people in person again.  We provided breakfast tacos, branded face masks, some other giveaways, and a chance to say thank you to everyone for their hard work.



If you have not yet tried Trader Joe's premade pizza dough, do yourself a favor and grab some the next time you are in the store.  I buy a bunch when I go and then throw it in the freezer.  It is so so good.  We've been alternating pizza and turkey burgers on Friday nights.  Last Friday was pizza night!



This sweet kitty was adopted 15 years ago!  He really only loves me.  He tolerates Henry and avoids Mr. Fisher.  He usually keeps to himself, but sometimes he just wants some attention, so he comes to me looking for it.  Since I started working from home he has been keeping me company in my office, snoozing in the bay window while I work.  Happy Adoptaversary, Jack.



Weekends are pretty low key lately.  Lots of hanging out, lots of play time with this cutie!



Sunday night I made chicken alfredo bubble up from Emily Bites.  This is one of my go to websites for delicious Weight Watchers friendly recipes.  This one did not disappoint.  Well, Mr. Fisher and I loved it.  Henry was not so keen on it.  Which was weird because he usually likes everything.



Monday night I made veggie burrito bowls which is one of our all time favorites.  Henry too!  Although he is a sucker for anything with rice and beans.



He's also a sucker for corn on the cob.  One of his FAVES.



80s on 8 is seriously the best station on Sirius XM.  Introduced Henry to one of my faves last night on the way home from day care.

What have you all been up to lately?

No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016