31 August 2020

Recipe: Chicken and Date Salad

 Happy Monday!  Let's start the week with a recipe.  I love a good salad.  Now, I'm not one of those people who say I prefer a salad over ice cream, but I love a good salad for lunch or dinner.  Normally I would say, you can't beat a good restaurant salad.  There's some secret sorcery there, however, I feel that this salad rivals a restaurant salad.  It's hearty and delicious and has all the flavors.

Chicken and Date Salad


Ingredients

  • spinach (or whatever greens you prefer)
  • chicken (I buy the "Just Chicken" from Trader Joe's)
  • chopped dates
  • crumbled goat cheese
  • pecans
  • croutons or pita chips or cornbread crisps
  • dressing of your choice

  I put the spinach and chicken in first, then add all the rest and toss with either honey mustard or balsamic vinaigrette.  Easy peasy.

Y'all.  It's so delicious.  Between all the flavors working so well together, plus the crunch from the pecans and the crisps, it's just a really good salad.

Are you a salad fan?  Have you unlocked the secret to a good salad at home?  Share your faves in the comments!

No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016