08 September 2020

Life Lately

 

Happy Tuesday!  I hope you all had a great weekend.  We were mostly low key, but did venture out to the Dallas Zoo for a couple of hours on Sunday.  Here's a peek at what life lately has looked like (COVID edition).


I feel like we are at this point in 2020 right now, especially because Fall and Winter are my favorite seasons.

cat | dog

These two have been Henry's favorite companions lately.  They alternate between his room and the living room.  They're soft and squishy and my kid has always been a sucker for a stuffed animal.

top | shorts

I happened to catch him at JUST the right moment.  Getting him to sit or stand still long enough to snap a picture has been tough lately.  He just wants to go go go!


Look at those curls!

 
 
That chair is pretty popular.


See?  Izzy loves to sleep there and Henry loves to flip through his books.

We hit up the Dallas Zoo on Sunday for a couple of hours.  Henry liked looking at all the animals, but COVID hit when he was eight months old.  In the last 6 months he has been to day care, our house, his grandparents' house, my cousins' house, and Costco (once).  I think the enormity of the zoo and all of the people kind of overwhelmed him.  And it was warm.  

stroller | mask 

He did enjoy his graham cracker snack and a taste of the shaved ice.

 


One of the hippos was surfacing and that definitely caught his attention!


So many giraffes at the Dallas Zoo!  It was one of our favorite exhibits.

 
I also took a little time over the weekend to reorganize under my kitchen sink.  I had multiples of things and it was all just a hodge podge.  I feel a lot better now that it's cleaned out.
 

Pure Barre Go is still one of my favorite workouts.  Cute but Contagious Henry has lovingly shared his cough with me so while I'm waiting for that to subside, I've been omitting my runs on the treadmill.  It's been more barre workouts instead.
 

 Because it was a holiday weekend, I indulged a bit in my favorite adult beverage - a whiskey sour.  So good!  If you make one, you absolutely must use fresh squeezed lemon juice.  It makes all the difference!  Oh, and these cherries.
 
 I hope you all have a great week!

No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016