10 October 2013

NSV Travel Edition

Back when I was on Weight Watchers we talked about NSVs a lot. An NSV is a Non Scale Victory.  Basically, something that was positive about your weight loss that was not merely a smaller number on the scale.  It could be something like fitting into your wedding dress again, or being able to bend over and tie your shoes.  Most of my "victories" since my surgery have been scale related.  I've hit certain milestones - 25 pounds, 30 pounds, 40 pounds, etc.  When I got on my flight last night though, I realized I had achieved an NSV.

Let me preface this by saying, I dislike flying.  I am a terrible flyer and that has nothing to do with my weight.  I could weigh 130 pounds and I would still hate flying.  With that said, before my surgery when I was at my heaviest, there were things that made it worse.  I felt scrunched in my seat.  And the seat belt was all the way extended.  I knew that it was only a matter of time before I would have to ask for a seat belt extender and I would be mortified.  When I got to my seat last night though, it was comfortable.  My legs didn't squash into the arm rest and I had a good 5 extra inches on the seat belt.  For the first time in years, I was comfortable in my airplane seat.  And it felt good.

1 comment :

Ca said...

That's Awesome Nichole!!

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016