12 March 2018

Heartbreak


I'm writing this post in a haze of tears because it hurts just thinking about it.  Apart from when my grandfather passed away unexpectedly, I don't know that I have ever felt heartbreak like I have this past week.  Not through any break-up with a boyfriend.  But y'all, my heart is broken.  On Wednesday morning we mad the gut-wrenching decision to give Georgia back to the rescue.



I don't think I can bear it.  I know in my heart it's what is best for her.  It really is.  It doesn't stop the tears though, or the heartbreak.



She was so smart and she was growing so fast.  She was 95% house trained after 2 days!  And we were working with her diligently on her chewing and biting.  I knew we were going to have a great dog.


But some things changed at my job last week and I was not going to be able to consistently come home for lunch or leave to get home to let her out at night.  And I wouldn't know until that day.  Mr. Fisher is swamped at work and it isn't feasible for him to drive back from Dallas during the day.


Mr. Fisher was the first one home last Friday and he was out back with her when I got home, so I went out to meet them there.  And that dog just ran right for me to welcome me home.  I thought I was going to burst into tears right then, because I knew that was her last night with us before we relinquished her back.   I cried all the way in the car on the way to take her back.  Mr. Fisher had to bring her in, I couldn't do it.  I had a great big, ugly cry in the car while he was inside.  Kind of like the one I'm having now as I write this.


I don't know that I could ever try getting another dog.  This hurt is just too much. I miss her funny little face and just the unconditional love she had for her people.  I know we only had her for two weeks, but I was already so attached.  Coming home isn't the same without her here. 

No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016