11 April 2018

How We: Spring Clean/Organize



Hello Wednesday!  That means this week is half over and this week has felt like SPRING!  Finally!  And that has me thinking about...spring cleaning.  

I know, totally boring, right?  I actually really like spring cleaning.  It gives me a chance to throw open the windows, let the fresh air in, and do some cleaning out and organizing.

This month's link-up is all about how we spring clean.



I start with my closet.  At the end of a season, I will go through my clothes to see what I wore a lot, what I wore a little, and what I didn't wear at all.  I had two pairs of boots that had made it through many seasons but were showing substantial wear.  Those got retired.

Clothes and handbags that I wore once or twice or still had tags (I know, I know), get pulled and placed for sale on Poshmark.


It's not just the clothes closet that gets purged, I open all the cabinets and pull out everything - and I only keep the necessary and the best.  Maybe some dish towels have seen better days, those will get turned into cleaning rags and the old cleaning rags will get tossed.

I will also go through the whole pantry, pull everything out, wipe down the shelves and toss any expired items.  Same with the refrigerator.


And then we clean EVERYTHING.  Everything gets dusted and wiped down, including photos, artwork, baseboards, lamps, lightbulbs, fans, vents, etc.

I extreme vacuum, which means vacuuming the upholstery and even some of the furniture (I find the vacuum gets into the crevices of the dresser and nightstand in the master better than dusting).

Over the last couple of months, I have swapped out our cleaning supplies for those from Grove Collaborative. More natural, less chemicals, I wanted our new house to be clean, but not toxic.  I love the flexibility of the shipments and ordering.  And the products are amazing!  My faves are the Mrs. Meyer's cleaning supplies.

That's a peek into how we spring clean!  Do you have any spring cleaning rituals?  Share them in the comments!

No comments :

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016